Orange Plum & Rambutan Cooler

 When I go shopping for fruits, I  like finding something different , seasonal and I pick that fruit.
                         
                                               
                                          Rambutan is a fleshy fruit which is sweet and sour

                             
Rambutan is mainly a Indonesian &Thai fruit. Like it wasn't sour enough I added oranges and plums too. A little bit of ginger juice made a difference and some sugar satisfied my sweet tooth.


Recipe Soure : Own | Serves : 3 | Total Time : 15mins | Cooking Level : Easy 

Ingredients ~ 
Oranges - 4 
Small Plums - 6
Rambutans - 6
Chopped ginger - 1tbspn
Water - 1 cup (150ml)
Sugar - 6 tspns
Ice cubes - 4-5

Method ~
Cut the outer skin of the rambutan with a knife, make a vertical slit. Split open with your fingers , the inner white portion is visible. Remove the fleshy white portion ,with hands or knife , discard seed. Keep aside

Peel the oranges, remove the outer thin skin and keep pulp aside

Cut plums into pieces with skin, discard seeds



Blend chopped ginger with 2tbspns water in a small mixer or use mortar-pestle. Strain juice using a sieve

                            

Add fruit pieces, sugar , water , ice cubes, ginger juice to a mixer and blend to make a thick juice. Pour into glasses and serve. You can add more water and sugar to reduce sour taste. 



  Join the fun at Add a Pinch 
          


18 comments:

  1. Mmmhhh, a delightful drink! I am a big fan of rambutans.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy combo....nice drink..

    ReplyDelete
  3. When we go to Thailand I go crazy about their fruits.And one of tehm is surely Rambutan:) So sweet and juice ..reminds me of lychee.Anything made with it ..count me in:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, I LOVE Rambutan and never thought I'd find someone else here in the USA who likes it as much. I grew up on these fruits growing up in the Philippines! Love your take on it. I must try this beverage soon. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of rambutan but this looks like such a great smoothie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I ever ate that fruit .. but it looks pretty cute actually. I too like fruit juice but it has to be clear juice :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo, I've never had these but I've been wanting to try them. :-) Such funny looking fruit! Love the drink you made. :-) I like pretty much anything with fresh ginger in it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love tropical fruit drinks! i've never heard or seen rambutan before~~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never had a rambutan before. Seems like tart fruit to me. I would love this concoction after a heavy work out session

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow i so love rambutan..nice one tq for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Never had this fruit though the cooler texture and color looks fantastic. Ot reminds me of lychee:). Probably related?

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ all i love this drink...definitely worth trying once :-) enjoy every sip ! thanks for stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't ever tried that fruit. The cooler looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ an do try it...tastes like lychees

    ReplyDelete
  15. Interesting! haven't heard of Rambutan before!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Interesting! looks delicious and thirst quenching!

    ReplyDelete
  17. @ laks...i tried it for the first time too. its a bit sour in taste, but worth trying

    ReplyDelete
  18. flavourful cooler looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete

Please use Name-URL/Google Account option to leave comments if you're a blogger. Sorry for the inconvenience caused wrt captcha.

Cheers,
Shruti

ShareThis